Healthcare is a basic human right.
I support sweeping healthcare that’s affordable and enables individuals plus families to thrive. I was a direct beneficiary of social security when my father was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and could no longer work as a unionized public bus driver. We need to take healthcare off the table as a barrier to individual and community dreams in an effort to build a new economy in Wisconsin. Therefore, I will fight to make sure:
- Preventive wellness is a cultural norm.
- No one has to choose between putting food on the table and treating an illness.
- Advocating that mental health is just as important as physical health.
- Substance abuse of all kinds, from alcohol, opioids, and heroin is treated and funded as a public health issue.
When elected Lt. Governor I will:
- Work directly with the Governor to accept the Medicaid expansion dollars to ensure more families like mine benefit from this critical program.
- Expanding BadgerCare via my Culture of Entrepreneurship Initiative to ensure that BadgerCare is available to any Wisconsinite that wishes to enroll in the program.
- Ultimately I will lead Wisconsin’s march to single payer as it will be the key enabler for our state to build a new economy.